Pipeline for Talent
To help young physicians pursue novel research ideas and become tomorrow’s leaders, a major portion of funding from The Vincent Memorial Hospital Foundation supports fellowships, in which 12 OB/GYN doctors in four subspecialties spend three years rotating between clinical and research settings. These Vincent fellowships are formally approved by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, giving the department rare national distinction.
- How can we improve the patient experience?
- What endometrial cancer treatments are on the horizon?
- What can we glean from “big data” to combat ovarian cancer
REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND INFERTILITY
- What’s the role of anti-Müllerian hormone in infertility?
- Can we protect the ovaries during chemotherapy?
- Do phenols found in ovarian follicular fluid affect fertility?
- What factors trigger pre-term labor?
- What affects the quality of obstetric care?
- Can we improve pain management in C-section?
FEMALE PELVIC MEDICINE AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- Can protective vaginal bacteria control urinary infections?
- How do douching products harm the microbiome?
- Do over-the-counter products affect vaginal and urinary bacteria?