Pipeline for Talent
To help young physicians pursue novel research ideas and become tomorrow’s leaders, a major portion of funding from The Vincent Memorial Hospital Foundation supports fellowships, in which 12 OB/GYN doctors in four subspecialties spend three years rotating between clinical and research settings. These Vincent fellowships are formally approved by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, giving the department rare national distinction.
- What endometrial cancer treatments are on the horizon?
- What can we glean from “big data” to combat ovarian cancer?
- How can we arrest aggressive forms of endometrial cancer?
REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND INFERTILITY
- Can we protect the ovaries during chemotherapy?
- Do phenols found in ovarian follicular fluid affect fertility?
- What cells drive the growth of fibroids?
- What factors affect quality in obstetric care?
- Can we improve pain management in C-section?
- How can we prevent preterm birth?
FEMALE PELVIC MEDICINE AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- How do douching products harm the microbiome?
- Do over-the-counter products affect vaginal and urinary bacteria?
- How can we protect women from urinary tract infections?