Supporting Women's Health
The dedication and financial support of the Vincent Club, which over the years has raised millions of dollars for obstetrics and gynecology services initially provided at Vincent Memorial Hospital and today at Massachusetts General Hospital, has been pivotal in advancing women’s health.
Energy and Spirit
In addition to the friends of the 19th-century actress Mary Ann Vincent, for whom the hospital was named, early support of Vincent Memorial Hospital was provided by the Vincent Club, organized in 1892 by the senior class of Mrs. Shaw’s School for Girls. The club’s aim was to raise funds for the hospital through a theatrical production of its own making (photo: the Vincent Club’s “Tableaux Vivant,” 1894). With unceasing energy and spirit, the Vincent Club is alive and well today, Through its original musical reviews, symposia and other distinctive events, it continues to support new directions in women’s health, today shaped by physicians and researchers in the Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mass General.